Thursday, March 29, 2018

Women's History Spotlight: Dr. Annie Adams

To celebrate the closing of #WomensHistoryMonth, today’s spotlight highlights a special woman on campus! Annie Adams in an English professor here at Morehead State. Dr. Adams received her bachelors in English from the University of Toledo, and her masters and doctorate degrees, also in English, from Bowling Green State University. This woman knows her English!

When asked about her inspirations, Dr. Adams says she is encouraged by the works of Mary Wollstonecraft and Jane Austen, two very inspiring women!

When asked specifically about women’s history and the future generation, Dr. Adams says she would like to see three things. First, she would like to see the workforce evolve into one that values leave for parental care. Additionally, she would like to see men and women both work alongside one another to build up the new generation. Lastly, she would like to see truly cooperative projects in terms of learning.

I chose to highlight Dr. Adams because I believe she has had a role in helping me write my own history. Dr. Adams did not just teach me English. She taught me how to be a better writer, how to think deeper and critically, and encouraged me to use my voice to speak up about issues I care about. I believe that because of her, I have found my voice through writing, and I am empowered to write and speak about my passions.

No comments:

Post a Comment