Goals and Priorities
The Office of Facilities Management's goal is to keep the campus clear and safe for all the students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
The general priorities for snow/ice removal are listed as follows:
1. Roads, walks, steps, emergency exits, and ramps.
2. Primary walks, ramps, steps, and roads.
3. Parking Lots
4. Secondary walks, ramps, steps, and roads.
*Please refer to the MSU Campus Snow Removal Map for road and sidewalk priorities.
Snow/lce Removal Priorities
There are three (3) priorities within the Snow Removal Plan as defined below:
Priorities are based on a I, 2, and 3 code system: In the event where heavy snow accumulations occur during university business hours, snow removal efforts will be focused on select roads, sidewalks, and building access points. This is to enable crews to maintain at least one clear path to each building.
1. Priority I areas are considered MSU's high traffic locations and are critical to MSU operations. Please refer to the MSU Campus Snow Removal Map for Priority I areas as the roads and sidewalks will be addressed first when a snow/ice event has occurred. Priority 1 areas are as follows: Administration Building, Academic Buildings, Resident Hall entryways and sidewalks, University Blvd, and Battson-Oats Dr.
3. Please refer to the MSU Campus Snow/ ice Removal Map for Priority 3 areas. After Priorities 1 and 2 are safe for travel then Priority 3 will be addressed. The areas in Priority 3 are as follows: Farm, Procurement, KCTM, and KY Folk Art Center.