Thursday, February 25, 2016
Safety First! March Traffic Reminders
March will be a busy month for construction efforts on campus. Please be aware and use caution.
Tuesday, March 1: Temporary Dining
· A crane will be brought in by pieces and put together on site.
· There will be limited access at the front of Lloyd Cassity Hall and on Third Street.
· This will cause congestion on Tippett Ave. when the trucks are arriving and departing from delivering the crane.
· Transportation will begin between 7 a.m. and 8 a.m. Once the delivery is complete traffic will return to normal.
· The crane will be delivered, put together, complete the placement of the frame, broken down, and will be taken off site.
· Some congestion will occur around 3 p.m. when the crane is being hauled away.
Thursday- Friday, March 3 and 4: East Parking and Dining
· A crane will arrive and be delivered on trucks.
· Traffic will be disrupted on University Blvd. and Earle Clements Dr.
· Some traffic will be stopped as the trucks arrive in planned intervals.
· At times, there will be persons directing traffic so that the process can be done smoothly.
· We encourage students in Alumni Tower to not park in the non-parking zone that is often used for unloading vehicles across from the construction site.
· MSU Police Department may have to tow if vehicles are left in the path of the trucks.
March 7 through March 25: East Parking and Dining
· Pre-cast concrete delivery will begin with 15 to 30 truckloads per day.
· Installation of the pre-cast concrete will begin once it is on site and continue until March 25.
· There will be impact on vehicle and pedestrian traffic along University Blvd. and Earle Clements Drive.
· There will be times when a person is directing traffic.
· This will not close down the roadway and we encourage those on campus to follow similar traffic directions to the March 3-4 traffic.